Who Can Use Online Reference Check?
The simple answer is anyone who needs to check a reference. For example:
- Individuals – Check references on contractors about to work on your home. Roofers, attorneys, housekeepers, babysitters, mechanics, etc.
- Small Businesses – Check references for employees, vendors, accountants, attorneys, bookkeepers.
- Corporations – Check references for potential new hires, internal promotions, external vendors, suppliers, security, etc.
- Recruiting Firms – Check references for the individuals they are trying to place.
- Consulting Firms – Check references on potential consultants.
- Schools and Universities – Check references for potential students.
- Apartment Managers and Building Owners – Check references for potential tenants and maintenance workers.
- Churches and Non Profits – Check references on nursery workers, volunteers.
- And More – I’m sure we can all think of a few more.
What If The Reference Doesn’t Respond?
One of the great benefits to Online Reference Check is that we allow you to check as many as 50 References! Most manual reference checks are usually done by checking at most 3-4 references – mainly because of the time and effort involved in getting good responses. No one has the time to personally check more than 5 references traditionally.
Traditional reference checks rely on the respondent to complete the online or telephone survey information promptly and completely. In addition, someone has to manually follow up with endless phone tag and messages to reach the individual. The number and timeliness of the responses you receive adversely affect your decision process.
With Online Reference Check we provide the option to send out up to 50 References so if you are not receiving a timely response from a respondent, you simply send out another Reference Check – up to 50!
That should ensure you have the information you need in the time you need the responses to enable you to make an informed decision as long as the reference check is just one part of a process for making the decision.
For example when checking references on a potential employee, the process may include:
- One or More Interviews
- Online Reference Check
- Employment Verification
- Resume Review
- Skills Analysis
- Position-appropriate Assessments
- Criminal Background Check
Can I edit the reference questions?
Sure! You can start with our many pre-built templates and go from there. Create as many different surveys as you want and save them for future use! Not sure which questions to include? We are here too help. We will work with you to develop the most effective reference checks for you and your company.
Can The Surveys Be Available In Multiple Languages?
Absolutely! Since you can create as many surveys as you wish, you can upload as many translations as you choose. We are happy to work with you to support specific needs concerning language translation.
Contact Us and let us know your requests and we’ll respond promptly.
Sharing Results – Once I Have The Responses To An Online Reference Check Survey, Do I Share The Responses?
It is entirely up to you, just be sure that you comply with your company’s Human Resource Policies if you work for an organization. If you do choose to share the results of this survey with the individual or company on whom you are checking references, please remember to only share the collective responses and not individual responses. This will protect the privacy of each individual who responded and ensure that you comply with the Online Reference Check User Agreement.